– December sales totaled 30,956 units, 2015 sales closed at 349,440 units –
- December 2015: Tiguan delivered 4,900 units, a 131.6 percent increase, marking the best month ever for the vehicle
- 2015 Total: Tiguan delivered 35,843 units, a 42 percent increase versus 2014 deliveries, marking the best year on record for the vehicle
- December 2015: The all-new Golf family of vehicles delivered 5,715 units, a 29.7 percent increase over the previous December
- 2015 Total: Golf GTI delivered 2,369 units for the month, a 32.4 percent increase over total sales in 2014
Herndon, VA — (January 5, 2016) Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported sales of 30,956 units delivered in December 2015. Sales for 2015 total 349,440 units.
The Tiguan produced the best month on record for the vehicle with 4,900 vehicles delivered, a 131.6 percent increase. In 2015, Tiguan deliveries totaled 35,843 units, a 42.7 percent increase versus 2014, this marks the best year on record for the vehicle.
“We are very pleased with the strong Golf family results and record-setting performance of the Tiguan in 2015,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “As we look towards 2016, we are committed to rebuilding trust in the brand and would like to thank our customers and dealers for their continued patience and loyalty.”
|Dec. 15||Dec. 14||Yr/Yr% change||Dec. 15 YTD||Dec. 14 YTD||Yr/Yr% change|
|Golf R||649||–||N/A||4,141||15||> 500%|
|Total Golf Family||5,715||4,405||29.7%||65,308||33,675||93.9%|
|Jetta SportWagen *
(now Golf SportWagen)
* Routan not sold in 2015.
About Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWoA) is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. VWoA’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state -of-the- art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker. VWoA sells the Beetle, Beetle Convertible, CC, Eos, e-Golf, Golf, Golf GTI, Golf R, Golf SportWagen, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan and Touareg vehicles through approximately 652 independent U.S. dealers. Visit Volkswagen of America online at www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.