More than 25 of the Italian Brand’s Desirable Vehicles will be on Offer Aug. 13-15
WALWORTH, Wis. – July 30, 2015 – Ferraris will gallop into Mecum Monterey 2015, with more than 25 of the high-end Italian marque’s fine machines on offer at Mecum Auction’s annual Daytime Auction held Aug. 13-15 at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa – Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey, Calif.
Some of Maranello’s valuable creations offered at Mecum Monterey 2015 include:
- 1968 Ferrari 330 GTS (Lot S101); S/N 10913; Estimate: $3-3.5 million
– A superb silver V12 Ferrari convertible formerly owned by casino magnate and Western U.S. Ferrari distributor Bill Harrah.
- 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB ‘Short Nose’ (Lot S91); S/N 6563; Estimate: $2.75-3.25 million
– This lovely silver 275 GTB features a rare Carello reverse light, “Starburst” alloy wheels and a notched steering wheel.
- 1964 Ferrari 250 GT/L ‘Lusso’ (Lot S85); S/N 5817; Estimate: $2.25-2.75 million
– This pristine light-blue Lusso with the lovely Kamm tail treatment is a matching-numbers black-plate California car.
- 1989 Ferrari F40 (Lot S77); S/N 00080727; Estimate: $1.2-1.5 million
– Finished in red, the F40 is perhaps the last Ferrari supercar that conveys a throwback analog experience in our modern, digital world; this example sports just 8,917 kilometers.
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona (Lot S89); S/N 15757; Estimate: $1-1.2 million
– A beautiful red example of the traditional front-engined V12 Ferrari legend.
- 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS (Lot S55); S/N 07134; Estimate: $350,000-425,000
– A lithe and stylish red sports car that serves as the namesake for Enzo Ferrari’s beloved son Alfredino.
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTB Alonso Final Edition (Lot S49); S/N B0187131; Estimate: $300,000-350,000
– Carrying a 611 horsepower V12, this red rocket honors former Ferrari Formula One ace Fernando Alonso.
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Italia (Lot S110); S/N D0189375; Estimate $270,000-300,000
– A red version of the modern exotic that has been bestowed with the title of “best car in the world” by multiple automotive magazines.
- 1986 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S56); S/N G0063631; Estimate Available Upon Request
– This is the original white Testarossa driven by Don Johnson on the television series “Miami Vice.”
- 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS (Lot S99); S/N 00081897; Estimate: $275,000-325,000
– With only 1,269 kilometers on the odometer, this yellow 328 GTS is one of the lowest-mileage examples in the world.
- 2003 Ferrari 575M (Lot S32); S/N 30130836; Estimate: $375,000-500,000
– A shimmering red example of the 575M with the Fiorano handling package and a 6-speed gated shifter.
To view the complete list of Ferraris available at Monterey or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com. Bidder registration is $100 and can be completed in advance online or on-site at the auction. The Mecum Daytime Auction in Monterey is open to buyers, sellers and spectators with general admission tickets available at the gate for $25; children 12 and younger are admitted at no charge. Portions of the auction will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network with a stream of the entire event presented on Mecum’s website. For more details on the auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder for this and all Mecum auctions, visitwww.mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 28 years, now offering more than 15,000 vehicles per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wis. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Follow along with Mecum’s social media news and join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
The Daytime Auction – Mecum Monterey 2015
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa
Del Monte Golf Course
1 Old Golf Course Rd.
Monterey, CA 93940
August 13-15, 2015
Admission: $25 per person, per day; children 12 and younger receive complimentary admission
Preview: Gates open daily at 8 a.m.
Auction: Vehicles begin Thursday at 10 a.m. and Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m.; Road Art will be offered daily 30 minutes prior to the vehicles
TV Broadcast Schedule: Thursday, Aug. 13, 5-7 p.m. (SDD); Friday, Aug. 14, 4-9 p.m. (SDD); Saturday, Aug. 15, 9:30 a.m.-noon (Delayed) and 3:30-6 p.m. (SDD); Sunday, Aug. 16, 4-8 p.m. (NDD); and Thursday, Aug. 20, 5-7 p.m. (Delayed)
(All times Pacific)
# # #